Saturday 4 May 2013

Lovepedal Kalamazoo

The last couple days, I've been working on the Lovepedal Kalamazoo overdrive. For the last two pedals I've made, I did a complete step by step on building the pedal. This time I thought I would just really focus on the more important stuff like offboard wiring. So here are some photos of the Kalamazoo so far.

So here I have soldered in the diodes. At first I thought that I would socket the diodes for less hassle. But then I realized that I'm pretty good at soldering so I would take a crack at it.
The Kalamazoo uses germanium diodes. Germanium diodes are very sensitive to heat. So after every time I solder a diode, I use my continuity tester to see if it still functions properly.


 I decided to bend the electrolytic capacitors to make it easier to place everything in enclosure.




 I got these really cool letter punches from Lee Vally. It gives a very interesting look to the pedal

No comments:

Post a Comment